Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September 17, 2008 - Wines Tasted

Chateau Roc De Pourret - St. Emilion -  2005 - $17 (futures)- (Ager, Classic, Food Wine) - When I picked this wine up I had an idea of the vintage's quality, but nothing of the producer.  This wine will make you smile.  Showing great right now, but will promise much more in the next 10 to 15 years, and at this price!  I wish I had a case.  
The wine opens with surprisingly bright and focused black currant, black cherry, red plum, bitter chocolate and clay/earth undertones.  Tight to the ground, but never lacking to express its fruit.  In the mouth  it's full bodied and rich with moderate-high acid as well as moderate but chocolaty-smokey tannins.  Good length and  tight acid on the finish.  I recommend drinking this wine now if you want an unusually open wine to test the vintage but preferably from: 2010 to 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment