Monday, August 4, 2008

August 3, 2008 - Wines Tasted

Vincent Girardin - Corton Renardes - Grand Cru - 2005 - $75 - (Ager, Classic, Food Wine) - Wow! I underestimated this wine and paid the price. It was perfect.
'A wine recommended for my palette by a good friend. Well he's a better friend now. Norman, thank you for sharing a great memory with me!'
So well balanced that I felt out of sync drinking it. Pure red berry, currant and red plum with soft but persistent tannin and moderate to moderate high acidity. Sweet and ripe without being heavy on either the oak treatment, nor the ripeness. If ever a wine of this quality and age can be called "quaffable", this is it. So easy to drink that it became a typical, "race to the bottom of the bottle". I will remember this wine for a long time.
We had a tapas feast: Miso Marinated Beef Stir-fry; Herb Spaetzle with Parmesan; Kale with Bacon Lardons, Morels and Chantarelles.

No comments:

Post a Comment